- BAND Royalty operates a music NFTs ecosystem, built around offering NFT stakers the opportunity to earn royalties from the work of world-famous musicians
- The company’s performance music catalog features over 50 tracks from some of the biggest names in music, including Beyonce, Jay-Z, Justin Timberlake, Cher, will.i.am, Timbaland, Missy Elliott and Rihanna
- BAND NFTs, hosted on the ethereum blockchain, can be staked for a period of up to five years, offering multiple ways for holders to earn revenue from music royalties
- The company intends to release up to 12,000 unique tokens across four series, with the funds generated being used to expand BAND Royalty’s music royalty library
- BAND Royalty was founded by Barnaby Andersun and Noble Drakoln, experts in the fields of blockchain and music royalty investing and co-hosts of the CryptoTenX Podcast
BAND Royalty (operated by Singapore-based LIBERTY IS PTE LTD) is the leading innovator of music-focused NFTs. BAND is an entertainment technology-driven firm focused on the distribution of non-fungible tokens (“NFTs”) that allow fans to earn royalties from top songs and artists worldwide.
BAND Royalty lets fans take their enjoyment of music to the next level by offering blockchain-secured BAND NFTs that enable holders to earn crypto from some of the world’s most popular songs. This unique opportunity allows individuals to share in income streams each time a song in the BAND Royalty music catalog is performed.
BAND’s royalty pools leverage a performance music catalog featuring tracks from some of the biggest names in music, including Beyonce, Jay-Z, Justin Timberlake, Cher, will.i.am, Timbaland, Missy Elliott and Rihanna.
BAND Royalty NFTs
BAND NFTs, hosted on the ethereum blockchain, are a special type of NFT that can be staked into any one of three BAND Royalty Music Pools to receive a portion of all royalty streaming income from each track, for each royalty pool category. The BAND ecosystem is supported by multiple types of transactions:
- Trading BAND Royalty NFTs– The first ever issuance of BAND NFTs is being offered to the public. Owners of the BAND NFTs will be able to trade them on the largest NFT marketplace, OpenSea, where the BAND NFTs are being launched on May 5, 2021.
- Music Royalty Pools– These blockchain BAND NFTs have a special DeFi (decentralized finance) utility. Holders of BAND NFTs have the option to stake their tokens for a period of 90 days to five years, with longer stakes receiving proportionally increased amounts of the royalties share. Holders have the option to trade their BAND NFTs or stake them in one of three special music catalog pools that provide access to BAND music royalties. The three types of music pools available for staking are print music, mechanical/public performance and synchronization.
Through staking BAND NFTs, the holder can earn crypto from both BAND NFT trades on the OpenSea NFT marketplace and from the BAND music catalog royalty revenue.
The company intends to sell three more series of BAND NFTs, with 3,000 NFTs in each series. This strategy would cap the supply of BAND NFTs at a maximum of 12,000 units. As these NFTs are staked to capitalize on royalty opportunities, the supply of BAND NFTs available for trade is expected to be reduced, which the company then expects would increase the value of the BAND NFTs moving forward.
The market for NFTs has exploded in 2021, driven by rising media coverage and mainstream awareness. A well-known example is the first tweet by Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, which was sold as an NFT for the equivalent of $2.9 million in March. This growth has been particularly apparent for art-focused NFTs, spearheaded by digital artist Beeple, who sold an NFT series titled “Everyday: The First 5000 Days” for over $69 million at auction during that same month.
The performance of the NFT space hasn’t just been confined to those big-ticket items. OpenSea, the largest NFT marketplace, reported monthly sales of over $95 million in February 2021 alone, up from $8 million the previous month. In total, over $400 million in NFT trading had taken place on the ethereum blockchain as of early April, with nearly half taking place from February to March 2021.
As Reuters reports, enthusiasts view NFTs as the future of ownership, and they solve the problem of monetization for digital artwork. Importantly, the report notes that “NFTs could also transform music.” The industry seems to agree.
In March 2020, Kings of Leon released their latest album, When You See Yourself, in the form of an NFT – a milestone in the history of the entertainment industry.
BAND Royalty is uniquely positioned to capitalize on the shifting landscape surrounding digital ownership as it continues to roll out its series of BAND NFTs in the months to come.
BAND Royalty Founders
The name BAND is the combination of the founders’ initials, Barnaby Andersun and Noble Drakoln.
Barnaby Andersun (“BA”) has spent years developing blockchain and cryptocurrency solutions, acting as CEO of BlockAlchemy, a blockchain, ecommerce and digital design consulting firm. Being involved in all aspects of web technologies since their conception in the early nineties has made Mr. Andersun a true pioneer in web development, ecommerce, branding, online marketing and blockchain. A sought-after international speaker, Mr. Andersun has been invited to speak on cryptocurrencies at Harvard and World Economic Forum, Davos, where he coordinated a blockchain digital asset conference, as well as Stanford University.
Noble Drakoln (“ND”) has been an avid music royalty investor for decades. He is also CEO of WarePlay Games Inc., a mobile AR/XR game design and development studio. Having started out as a futures and commodities broker at the age of 19 trading the E-mini S&P, gold futures contracts and treasury bond strips, he went on to author the Wiley & Sons-published best-selling books ‘Winning the Trading Game’ and ‘Trade Like a Pro’. Along with being a tech investor, financial author and sought-after speaker, Mr. Drakoln has been a contributing writer to Forbes and Futures Magazine, and a radio and T.V. financial commentator on Bloomberg and Fox Business News.
BAND Royalty is operated by Singapore based LIBERTY IS PTE. LTD, located at 23 New Industrial Road #04-09 Solstice Business Center Singapore 536209.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.BANDRoyalty.com.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to BAND Royalty are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/BAND
InvestorWire is the wire service that gives you more. From regional releases to global announcements presented in multiple languages, we offer the wire-grade dissemination products you’ll need to ensure that your next press release grabs the attention of your target audience and doesn’t let go. While our competitors look to nickel and dime you with hidden fees and restrictive word limits, InvestorWire keeps things transparent. We offer UNLIMITED Words on all domestic releases. While other wire services may provide a basic review of your release, InvestorWire helps you put your best foot forward with complimentary Press Release Enhancement.
With our competitors, the work is done the second your release crosses the wire. Not with InvestorWire. We include follow-up coverage of every release by leveraging the ever-expanding audiences of the 50+ brands that make up the InvestorBrandNetwork.
Get more out of your next press release with InvestorWire. It’s unlike anything you’ve seen before.
For more information, please visit https://www.investorwire.com
InvestorWire is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork.