- VTGN is committed to developing and commercializing differentiated new generation medications that go beyond the current standard of care for anxiety, depression and other CNS disorders.
- VTGN currently has three drugs in its pipeline, PH94B and PH10, both innovative synthetic neuroactive steroid nasal sprays, and AV-101, a novel, oral prodrug that targets the NMDAR.
- VTGN has opportunity, based on current drug-development programs, to “shift the paradigm.”
VistaGen Therapeutics (NASDAQ: VTGN) CEO Shawn Singh spoke about VistaGen’s game-changing potential for the treatment of mental illness during a recent episode of InvestorBrandNetwork’s Stock2Me Podcast (https://ibn.fm/34My5). A clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, VTGN has three drugs in its pipeline and is committed to developing and commercializing new generation medications that go beyond the standard of care for anxiety, depression and other central nervous system (“CNS”) disorders.
During the podcast, Mr. Singh spoke about his motivation to bring much needed innovation to the current treatment paradigm for anxiety and depression disorders, noting, “VistaGen provides, I think, an opportunity for tremendous excitement, given what we’re working on in our pipeline. We have three drug candidates focused on trying to go beyond the current standard of care for anxiety, depression and other CNS, or central nervous system, disorders.”
VistaGen’s three pipeline drugs include the following:
- PH94B, an innovative synthetic neuroactive steroid nasal spray with therapeutic potential in a wide range of mental health disorders involving anxiety or phobia, currently being developed as a potential acute treatment of anxiety for adults with Social Anxiety Disorder (“SAD”).
- PH10, an innovative synthetic neuroactive steroid delivered intranasally with therapeutic potential in a wide range of neuropsychiatric indications involving depression and initially being developed as a potential rapid-onset stand-alone treatment of major depressive disorder (“MDD”).
AV-101, an oral prodrug that targets the glycine site of the NMDAR (N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor), an ionotropic glutamate receptor in the brain, has potential to be an oral, new generation treatment for multiple CNS indications involving abnormal NMDAR function.
“What’s exciting about all of these [drug candidates] and where we see some game-changing potential in the landscape is the way they work and how fundamentally different we think each of them is from current treatment alternatives,” Singh said. “The way a drug works and the way it works in the brain for a neuropsychiatric indication is critical.
“We’ve got an opportunity, based on the drug-development programs we’ve got moving, to really swing the paradigm into a different direction where patients can learn faster whether a drug is going to deliver a benefit, and they’re not going to have to, during that period, worry as much about the types of side effects and safety concerns that are associated with current therapies,” he continued.
Click here to listen to the entire podcast.
VistaGen is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to developing and commercializing differentiated new generation medications that go beyond the current standard of care for anxiety, depression and other central nervous system (“CNS”) disorders. Each of VistaGen’s three drug candidates has a differentiated mechanism of action, an exceptional safety profile in all studies to date, and therapeutic potential in multiple CNS markets.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.VistaGen.com.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to VTGN are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/VTGN
InvestorWire is the wire service that gives you more. From regional releases to global announcements presented in multiple languages, we offer the wire-grade dissemination products you’ll need to ensure that your next press release grabs the attention of your target audience and doesn’t let go. While our competitors look to nickel and dime you with hidden fees and restrictive word limits, InvestorWire keeps things transparent. We offer UNLIMITED Words on all domestic releases. While other wire services may provide a basic review of your release, InvestorWire helps you put your best foot forward with complimentary Press Release Enhancement.
With our competitors, the work is done the second your release crosses the wire. Not with InvestorWire. We include follow-up coverage of every release by leveraging the ever-expanding audiences of the 50+ brands that make up the InvestorBrandNetwork.
Get more out of your next press release with InvestorWire. It’s unlike anything you’ve seen before.
For more information, please visit https://www.investorwire.com
8033 Sunset Blvd Suite 1037-IW
Los Angeles, CA 90046
InvestorWire is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork.