- DGTL is focused on developing a diversified portfolio of high margin, rapidly growing and fully commercialized B2B enterprise SaaS for institutional and retail investors
- The company partners with growth-stage enterprise software companies, adding leadership, strategic planning and valuable resources through its accelerator services
- Its #HASHOFF subsidiary is leveraging social media management software to develop effective content distribution strategies
- The company is focused on building a “walled garden” tech platform to serve as a full-service digital media, martech and adtech solution for Fortune 100 brands
- DGTL’s management team is comprised of professionals with years of experience in the industry, offering insight and expertise in adtech and martech
DGTL Holdings (TSX.V: DGTL) (OTCQB: DGTHF) is a venture capital asset management company focused on acquiring and accelerating disruptive digital media, marketing technology (martech) and advertising technology (adtech) powered by artificial intelligence. DGTL (Digital Growth Technologies and Licensing) specializes in the acceleration of fully commercialized B2B enterprise-level software-as-a-service (“SaaS”) businesses through a blend of unique capitalization structures.
Founded in 2018 with operational offices in New York and corporate head offices in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, DGTL Holdings’ two-pronged mission includes:
- Developing a diversified portfolio of high-margined, rapidly growing and fully commercialized B2B enterprise SaaS for institutional and retail investors, and
- Building a “walled garden” tech platform featuring full-service digital media, martech and adtech offerings for Fortune 100 brands.
DGTL Accelerator Services
DGTL partners with growth-stage enterprise software companies, adding leadership, strategic planning and valuable resources. DGTL advances development while streamlining operations in scalable and sustainable ways, focusing primarily on:
- Capital Markets Financing (debt, equity and M&A)
- Investor Relations
- Organizational Development (recruitment/human resources, legal/regulation, forensic accounting, etc.)
- Software Engineering/UX Design
- Corporate Services
- Corporate Communications/Public Relations
- Business Development
- Client Services/Account Management
Through its acquisition and accelerator program, DGTL provides the tools, talent, technology, networks, capital and customer markets required to elevate and integrate digital media businesses – promoting a sustainable growth curve while supporting strategic business outcomes. In support of these objectives, the company offers four key services:
- Business Strategy:Leveraging expertise, industry networks and market relationships, DGTL companies have access to leadership in engineering, strategy, recruiting, marketing, business development, capital markets, operations, back-office services, etc.
- Capital Markets:DGTL’s accelerator program provides strategic access to value-added venture capital through strategically blended debt, equity and public offerings. This also includes financial modeling, due diligence prep, investor materials, capital roadshows, etc.
- Mergers and Acquisitions:DGTL identifies, evaluates and qualifies opportunities for M&A via its deal desk committee and custom proprietary system of bottom-up valuation.
- Growth Partnerships:The company seeks to collaborate on CMO-level buy-side relationships with Fortune 100 brands, building new channel partnerships, creating reseller opportunities with top advertising agencies and exploring cross-selling with the client’s base of subsidiaries.
DGTL is in a unique position to benefit from the growth of disruptive enterprise level social media content marketing and analytics-based software as brands continue to shift from traditional advertising to digital media advertising at an accelerated rate.
According to Statista, the average daily time spent (in minutes) with digital advertising in the United States was estimated at 470 in 2020, with time spend with traditional media coming in at just over 350 (https://ibn.fm/NaYGW). Additionally, more than half of the $572 billion global ad spend reported for 2020 was covered by digital ad spend, amounting to $291.7 billion. An increasing amount is allocated every year to social media and influencer/content marketing spend.
#HASHOFF Social Media CMS
#HASHOFF is a subsidiary of DGTL and an enterprise-level social media influencer CMS (content management software). #HASHOFF is a solution for global brands and leading advertising agencies that allows brand marketers to leverage the gig economy by identifying, scanning, optimizing, engaging and managing over 150 million freelance content creators for geo-targeted services.
Through the subsidiary, users can find the best content creators to represent their brands through #IAM Search(TM). The platform uses an approach that eliminates subjectivity to find the right content creator, no matter the scale, scope, geography or language of the campaign. The tool eliminates the need to sift through unnecessary hashtags and generic criteria to find the right fit. With #IAM Search(TM), brands can rank, optimize, scan for brand fit and shortlist the best ambassadors.
#CreateMarketplace(TM) is a complete workflow solution and e-commerce marketplace allowing for the development of long-lasting partnerships between global brands and local content creators. The marketplace is where brands come to build and curate their tribes of brand evangelists on a 100% transparent SaaS platform.
In February 2021, DGTL announced its financial results for the three-month period ended November 30, 2020, its second quarter of fiscal 2021 (https://ibn.fm/C34wM). Among the highlights, DGTL reported:
- Overall revenue of $1.253 million for the quarter;
- Overall revenue of $2.416 million for the six-month period, representing a year-over-year increase of 79%; and
- Revenue from its Hashoff LLC subsidiary totaling $738,000 for the three-month period, marking a 70% year-over-year increase.
“We are pleased with the continued revenue growth of our first SaaS acquisition. We anticipate continued momentum from Hashoff LLC via new business development and customer acquisition,” John Belfontaine, Founder of DGTL, stated in the news release.
These results continued to build on the momentum from DGTL’s Q1 results (https://ibn.fm/JpO69). For the three months ended August 31, 2020, the company reported $1.162 million in overall revenue. Through its Hashoff subsidiary, the company reported $634,593 in revenue, marking an 83% increase for the first quarter post-acquisition.
Michael Racic is the President and Chief Executive Officer of DGTL. He has over 20 years of experience and background as a media executive and communications planner. Mr. Racic’s programmatic tech expertise provides the right mix required to value the impact of AI solutions within the competitive digital media/adtech culture. He is a keynote speaker and is published across the globe for advertising tech and the digital media sector. Mr. Racic is SVP Director of Agency Partnerships and Category Strategy at RocketFuel and EVP of Head Global Planning with UM and J3.
John David A. Belfontaine is the company’s founder and Executive Vice President of Corporate Development. He has over 15 years of experience as a serial entrepreneur and a corporate development executive for private and publicly traded companies. In prior roles, he worked as a Retail Wealth Product Manager for Empire Life Financial and as an executive for national and regional CPG brand program management with many Fortune 100 companies. Mr. Belfontaine is the former director for Phivida Holdings Inc. (CSE: VIDA) and Co-Founder of CoachellaGro, which was sold to Mohave Jane (CSE: Jane).
Scott Davis, CPA, CGA, is the Chief Financial Officer of DGTL. He is a partner with Cross, Davis and Company LLP Chartered Professional Accountants, a firm focused on providing accounting and management services for publicly listed companies. Mr. Davis has held CFO and senior management positions for several TSX Venture Exchange-listed companies. He currently serves on several public company management teams. He brings vast public company and capital market experience to DGTL.
Steve Goldberg, MBA, is the company’s Chief Operations Officer. He has over 25 years of executive search and recruiting experience in digital media and adtech. He has worked as an executive with firms in telecom, education/training and “Big-4” public accounting fields. Mr. Goldberg has an MBA in Finance from New York University and earned his CPA while at KPMG. He is currently acting as the co-owner and managing partner of Media Recruiting Group.
Charles Thomas is the Chief Strategy Officer of DGTL and its #Hashoff LLC subsidiary. He has over 35 years of experience in digital media and advertising focused on senior executive development strategy and the management of national sales teams. Mr. Thomas is a pioneer in adtech, working with Time Inc. in 1995 (later Time-Warner AOL). He is a former VP of Ad Sales at Broadcast.com, working for Mark Cuban and launching one of the most successful IPOs in history during that time. He has also worked as Regional Sales VP for Yahoo, Sales Strategy contractor for Facebook, and SVP of Sales for Centro.
Dave Beck is an independent director and strategic advisor. Mr. Beck has over 20 years of experience in the public capital markets, leading TMT investment banking at three boutique investment dealers, and a renowned technology financial analyst in both New York and Toronto. With an MBA from Ivey Business School (UWO), he has been led and invested in many private technology companies over the last 25 years. He has also served as a director for several public companies, including Quadron Cannatech Corporation (CSE: QCC) Pivot Technology Solutions Inc. (TSX: PTG), Basis100 Inc. and CRS Robotics Corporation.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.DGTLInc.com.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to DGTHF are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/DGTHF
InvestorWire is the wire service that gives you more. From regional releases to global announcements presented in multiple languages, we offer the wire-grade dissemination products you’ll need to ensure that your next press release grabs the attention of your target audience and doesn’t let go. While our competitors look to nickel and dime you with hidden fees and restrictive word limits, InvestorWire keeps things transparent. We offer UNLIMITED Words on all domestic releases. While other wire services may provide a basic review of your release, InvestorWire helps you put your best foot forward with complimentary Press Release Enhancement.
With our competitors, the work is done the second your release crosses the wire. Not with InvestorWire. We include follow-up coverage of every release by leveraging the ever-expanding audiences of the 50+ brands that make up the InvestorBrandNetwork.
Get more out of your next press release with InvestorWire. It’s unlike anything you’ve seen before.
For more information, please visit https://www.InvestorWire.com
InvestorWire is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork.