- Dual ransomware attack trends are believed to have begun in early 2022, with two attacks occurring on the same business within a few hours of one another
- The FBI advises companies to implement migratory procedures and keep detailed, regular backups encrypted, as they are also often targeted
- Sekur offers a suite of services that include SekurMail, SekurVPN and SekurMessenger without relying on third-party cloud services and offering the highest level of encryption, with information stored in Switzerland
Dual ransomware attacks, where a gang attacks the same business twice within a few hours with ransomware, are being flagged by the FBI as a growing cybercrime trend that began in early 2022. They are warning that these attacks utilize two different strains of the same ransomware to inflict maximum damage, and can result in a combination of data encryption, exfiltration, and financial losses for the victims.
“Multiple ransomware groups increased use of custom data theft, wiper tools, and malware to pressure victims to negotiate,” the FBI warned. “In some cases, new code was added to known data theft tools to prevent detection.” To protect themselves from attacks, the FBI advises companies to implement migratory procedures and to keep detailed, regular backups that are encrypted – as backups are often targeted in subsequent attacks (https://ibn.fm/Dcfg6).
Sekur Private Data (CSE: SKUR) (OTCQB: SWISF) (FRA: GTD0), a cybersecurity and internet privacy provider of Swiss-hosted solutions for secure and private communications, distributes a privacy communications suite that offers encrypted and private email, the only Swiss-hosted privacy VPN, and a secure and private messaging application, catering to consumers, SMBs, enterprises, and governments. Unlike other competitors in the industry, Sekur owns 100% of its own infrastructure without relying on third-party cloud services like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure Cloud, or Google Cloud infrastructure.
Sekur’s suite of services include:
- SekurMail – an encrypted email service offering a private, safe, and powerful tool to communicate with everyone, either within the Sekur ecosystem or outside. SekurMail protects personal information and communications from being accessed by unauthorized parties, with encryption and other security measures that prevent messages from being intercepted, modified, or tampered with.
- SekurVPN – creates a secure, encrypted connection between a client’s device and the internet, giving clients access to the web safely and privately by routing connections through a server and hiding online actions. All data sent and received is hidden from prying eyes, including Internet Service Providers, potential hackers, and government surveillance agencies.
- SekurMessenger – a Swiss-hosted private and secure messaging communications app providing secure and private chat, self-deleting chat, voice recording, and file transfer via any mobile device, tablet, or computer desktop using military-grade encryption to protect information sent. Communications are transmitted only within secure servers and are designed for organizations that need to protect their flow of information and secure their communications with customers and partners.
ReportLinker has estimated that the global cybersecurity market was valued at $173.5 billion in 2022. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.9%, resulting in a value of $266.2 billion by 2027. The market is being driven by the increased number of global data breaches, with malicious characters being able to operate from anywhere (https://ibn.fm/NhS7X).
With all the threats, including dual ransomware attacks, Sekur offers customers a confidential and safe way to store their information in Switzerland using military-grade security. All data, whether physical, network-based, or encryption security, is stored in bank-approved, state-of-the-art ISO-certified data centers used by Swiss and global banks and most UN organizations, corporations, and governmental organizations – the location is chosen because of the country’s neutrality, independence, strong privacy laws, long-standing political stability, and excellent international relations.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to SWISF are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/SWISF
InvestorWire (“IW”) is a specialized communications platform with a focus on advanced wire-grade press release syndication for private and public companies and the investment community. It is one of 60+ brands within the Dynamic Brand Portfolio @ IBN that delivers: (1) access to a vast network of wire solutions via InvestorWire to efficiently and effectively reach a myriad of target markets, demographics and diverse industries; (2) article and editorial syndication to 5,000+ outlets; (3) enhanced press release enhancement to ensure maximum impact; (4) social media distribution via IBN to millions of social media followers; and (5) a full array of tailored corporate communications solutions. With broad reach and a seasoned team of contributing journalists and writers, IW is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that want to reach a wide audience of investors, influencers, consumers, journalists and the general public. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, IW brings its clients unparalleled recognition and brand awareness. IW is where breaking news, insightful content and actionable information converge.
For more information, please visit https://www.InvestorWire.com
InvestorWire is powered by IBN