- MetAlert’s management team is highly experienced (several previous exits) in the tech, apparel, and wearable medical device industries, with significant management ownership (70%+) in MLRT
- The company operates in a large and growing global market in terms of potential revenue ($20-$50+ per month) and number of users (34+ million), with a potential impact on hundreds of millions
- The recent pandemic created an emphasis on health monitoring, especially for at-risk consumers/patients
- The recent pandemic negatively impacted the supply chain and shipping, creating a backlog of orders, but recent months’ activity suggests that the supply chain and shipping issues will be resolved before year-end
- In September 2022, the company completed rebranding from GTX Corp. and debuted a new ticker symbol, ‘MLRT’
- In October 2022, GPS SmartSoles were featured on the Gadget Guys show on the CW, reaching 3.2 million households across the U.S.
- In November 2022, MetAlert announced that its Canadian distributor had launched the new 4G GPS SmartSoles product
MetAlert (OTC: MLRT) is a pioneer in location sensitive health monitoring devices (estimated $47 billion industry in 2021) and wearable technology products (industry forecast to reach $174 billion by 2030).
With over 20 years of experience and an extensive patent portfolio (30+), MetAlert is a leader for consumers/patients afflicted with Alzheimer’s, dementia, and autism (“ADA”). This market represents approximately 2.9% of the world’s population (approximately 34 million people in 24 developed countries). Due to specific behaviors (problems with memory, adversity to wearing unknown items, etc.) of consumers/patients in this market segment, traditional products, such as an iPhone or Fitbit, are not a practical solution. This has created a significant market with very few competitors for MetAlert.
MetAlert and its subsidiaries are engaged in designing, developing, manufacturing, distributing, and selling products and services in GPS/BLE wearable technology, personal location, wandering assistive technology, and health data collection and monitoring. The company offers a global end-to-end hardware, software, and connectivity solution, in addition to developing two-way tracking technologies, which seamlessly integrate with consumer products and enterprise applications.
Using its award-winning, patented GPS SmartSole(R) as a hub for collecting and transmitting data to the cloud in real-time, MetAlert is expanding its value proposition to consumers and increasing its revenue per user (“RPU”) while creating the largest database of health statistics for ADA consumers/patients. MetAlert generates revenue from product sales, recurring subscriptions, intellectual property (“IP”) licensing, and professional services. The company has international distributors servicing customers in over 35 countries and is an approved U.S. military government contractor. Its customers include public health authorities and municipalities, emergency and law enforcement, private schools, assisted living facilities, NGOs, small business enterprises, senior care homes and consumers.
The company is headquartered in Los Angeles, California, with a sales office in London, England, and distributors across the globe.
- GPS SmartSoles(R) HUB (launched Q4 2022) is a GPS/BLE-equipped insole that allows remote monitoring, data collection, and encrypted data transmission to the cloud.
- Telehealth (available Q4 2022) allows access remotely to doctors and other health professionals on an as-needed basis. This service will also function as the prescribing doctor once Medicare reimbursement codes are established.
- Concierge (available Q4 2022) provides 24/7/365 enhanced emergency response that coordinates with all relevant parties to quickly detect false alarms and escalate response as needed.
- Bluetooth Enabled Devices (available Q1 2023) include third-party devices that collect vitals and other health data and connect with the GPS Smartsoles(R) HUB.
- Artificial Intelligence (available Q1 2023) software will evaluate the Teradata of health information identifying trends and respond to preestablished alert thresholds.
- Take-Along Tracker is a small GPS tracking device – less than three inches long – that works with 4G cellular service and will have the same “HUB” functionality as the GPS Smartsoles(R). This versatile and affordable mini tracker boasts super long battery life, with up to 14 days of operation per charge.
- RoomMate(TM) is a wall-mounted alert system that detects and alerts caregivers about patient behavior that could lead to falls and injuries. The system features 3D infrared and wall-mounted sensors, eliminating the need for any other physical installation or wearables. RoomMate(TM) offers patient privacy by design. Images are not stored, but all actions are logged. It’s a unique solution for looking after patients without intruding on their personal space.
According to Grand View Research (Patient Monitoring Devices Market Size & Share Report, 2030), the global patient monitoring devices market size was valued at $47.0 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (“CAGR”) of 7.8% from 2022 to 2030. The expansion of the industry can be attributed to the rise in demand for monitoring devices used to measure, distribute, record, and display a variety of biometric data, including blood pressure, temperature, and blood oxygen saturation level.
The growing number of chronic disorders, such as diabetes, stroke, and kidney disease, are driving the demand for patient monitoring devices. For instance, according to the World Health Organization (“WHO”), about 422 million people globally have diabetes. Likewise, the number of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients (“COPD”) is increasing rapidly.
According to the WHO, around 235 million people suffer from asthma. As a result, peak flow meters, which are used to gauge respiration rate, are increasingly used. The market for patient monitoring devices is driven by the simplicity with which it is handled, transported, and remotely accessible. Major market players are engaging in a variety of tactics to expand the industry, including partnerships, cooperation, innovation, launches, and mergers.
During the COVID-19 outbreak, social segregation and quarantining procedures were put into place worldwide. Many people avoided regular hospital visits as a result. Many people now need routine home temperature and oxygen level monitoring to maintain track of their health, thereby demanding monitoring devices at home.
Various government programs are supporting the pandemic outbreak. The FDA has granted Emergency Use Authorizations (“EUAs”) for a few wearables and patient monitoring devices to improve access to medicines, monitor patients more closely, and lessen the risk of SARS-CoV-2 exposure to medical professionals during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The growing popularity of wearable and remote patient monitoring devices is another factor fueling the market’s expansion. By fusing clinical symptomology with vital indicators, wearable technology helps in the diagnosis of many chronic diseases. Thus, there has been a dramatic rise in the usage of wearable technology to combat COVID-19.
The wearable medical device market is anticipated to reach $174.48 Billion by 2030, expanding at a 27.1% CAGR during the forecast period (2022-2030), according to Market Research Future.
MetAlert identifies the total addressable market for its wearable patient monitoring tech for those with Alzheimer’s, dementia, and autism at more than 34 million potential patients in North America, Europe, South Africa, and Asia.
Patrick E. Bertagna is Founder, CEO and Chairman at MetAlert. He began his career in apparel sales in 1983 and was promoted to national sales manager within two years. In 1986, he founded his first company importing apparel from Europe and selling to U.S. retailers from JCPenney to Neiman Marcus. He has founded several technology and apparel companies, including MetAlert in 2002, which he took public in 2008. He attended Cal State University Northridge with a business major and a psychology minor.
Louis Rosenbaum is COO of MetAlert. He co-founded Global Trek Xploration and was an initial investor in MetAlert. He has successfully started companies in multiple industries, including apparel, environmental services, and the music industry, achieving annual revenues in the multi-millions of dollars. He previously was president of Elements, a women’s apparel company, and of Advanced Environmental Services.
Alex McKean is CFO at MetAlert. He is also the CFO of Encore Brands Inc., a position he has held since 2009. He has held positions as Controller and VP of Finance at 24:7 Film and InternetStudios.com, Director of FP&A/SVP at Franchise Mortgage Acceptance Company, Corporate Accounting Manager/Treasurer of Polygram Filmed Entertainment and Assistant Treasurer/Controller for State Street Bank. He holds an International MBA from Thunderbird School of Global Management and undergraduate degrees in business and political science from Trinity University.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.MetAlert.com.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to MLRT are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/MLRT
InvestorWire is the wire service that gives you more. From regional releases to global announcements presented in multiple languages, we offer the wire-grade dissemination products you’ll need to ensure that your next press release grabs the attention of your target audience and doesn’t let go. While our competitors look to nickel and dime you with hidden fees and restrictive word limits, InvestorWire keeps things transparent.
As part of its service, InvestorWire provides coverage of noteworthy announcements. To further expand visibility of achievements being made throughout a multitude of sectors, InvestorWire’s syndication partners have extended the digital coverage to include individual broadcasts on financial websites and platforms visited by millions of investors daily.
For more information, please visit https://www.investorwire.com
8033 Sunset Blvd Suite 1037-IW
Los Angeles, CA 90046
InvestorWire is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork.