- The company’s highly experienced and successful pharmaceutical industry leadership team includes former senior executives from Novartis, GSK, and Bristol-Myers Squibb
- The team has executed eight clinical trials, including a seven-country, 12,400-participant Phase 3 trial of a prior influenza candidate, and built, owns, and operates its GMP biologics manufacturing facility
- BiondVax has an exclusive collaboration with the prestigious Max Planck Institute for Multidisciplinary Sciences (“MPG”) and the University Medical Center Göttingen (“UMG”), to develop a pipeline of innovative nanosized antibody therapies
- BiondVax’s experience, assets, and pipeline represent a rare opportunity for a company of its size
BiondVax Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: BVXV), a Jerusalem-based biotechnology company, is laser focused on developing, manufacturing, and commercializing innovative NanoAb immunotherapeutic products, primarily for treating infectious and autoimmune diseases. Collaborating with the prestigious Max Planck Institute for Multidisciplinary Sciences and the University Medical Center Göttingen (“UMG”), both in Germany, BiondVax is developing a pipeline of nanosized antibody (NanoAb) therapies addressing diseases underserved by current treatments and with large and growing markets, such as COVID-19, asthma and psoriasis.
NanoAbs, also known as nanobodies and VHH-antibodies, are alpaca-derived nanosized antibodies that exhibit multiple significant competitive advantages over existing antibody therapies, including stability at high temperatures, superior binding affinity, more effective and convenient routes of administration, and efficient production.
BiondVax’s highly experienced and successful pharmaceutical industry leadership team includes former senior executives from Novartis (NYSE: NVS), GSK (NYSE: GSK), and Bristol-Myers Squibb (NYSE: BMY). This team plays a vital role in the company’s pursuit to advance nanosized antibody innovation from R&D through commercialization and includes:
- Mr. Amir Reichman, CEO of BiondVax, was most recently the Head of Global Vaccines Engineering Core Technologies and Asset Management at GSK Vaccines in Belgium. Mr. Reichman earned his M.Sc. in Biotechnology Engineering from the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev in Israel and an MBA in Finance and Health Care Management from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, USA.
- Dr. Tamar Ben-Yedidia, Ph.D., CSO of BiondVax, has more than 30 years of experience in the field of immunology, with expertise in the development of vaccines. She started her career with Biotechnology General Ltd, BTG (Rehovot), working on developing a recombinant Hepatitis-B vaccine. Dr. Ben-Yedidia received her Ph.D. from the Weizmann Institute after completing her doctoral thesis entitled “A Peptide-Based Vaccine Against Influenza” in the lab of Professor Ruth Arnon, co-inventor of the blockbuster multiple sclerosis drug Copaxone®
- Mr. Elad Mark, COO of BiondVax, is an executive leader with over 15 years of biotechnology industry experience encompassing diverse project stages, including feasibility studies, conceptual and detailed design, commissioning qualification, and process validation. Mr. Mark holds a BSc. in Engineering from the Afeka Tel Aviv Academic College of Engineering and an MBA from the Open University of Israel.
- Mr. Uri Ben-Or, CFO of BiondVax, has over 25 years of experience in corporate finance, accounting, M&A transactions, and IPOs. His experience also includes serving as CFO in public life science companies traded on the TASE, OTC, and NASDAQ exchanges. Mr. Ben-Or holds a B.A. in Business, an MBA from Bar-Ilan University, and is a Certified Public Accountant.
- Dr. Dalit Weinstein Fischer, Ph.D., is BiondVax’s Head of Technical R&D. She is the previous Director of Biological Processes at NanoSpun Technologies Ltd. and CTO at VAYU Sense AG, specializing in improving bio-based fermentation processes with an AI-based controller. Dr. Weinstein Fischer holds a Ph.D. from the Hadassah Medical School, Molecular Genetics and Microbiology Department, Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Mrs. Moran Ahdout Fruchter is the Chief of Staff for BiondVax and brings over ten years of broad legal and international transactional experience. Before joining BiondVax, she served as General Counsel at Miya Group, overseeing legal affairs of the group worldwide, led negotiations, was involved in global growth activities and M&A transactions, and provided legal guidance to senior management and the board. Mrs. Ahdout Fruchter holds an LL.B. in Law and a B.A. in Economics from Tel Aviv University and is admitted to the Israel Bar Association.
- Ms. Merav Kamensky is the Senior Manager of Quality Control for BiondVax. Her experience includes laboratory research from the University of Waterloo, Canada, and in the biopharmaceutical industry, including positions at Abic Biological Laboratories Teva Ltd and InSight Biopharmaceuticals Ltd. Ms. Kamensky earned a BSc. and MSc. in Biotechnology and Agriculture from The Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Mr. Joshua E. Phillipson is the Director of Communications and Investor Relations, leading BiondVax’s business development and communications activities, including marketing, investor, and public relations since 2015. Mr. Phillipson earned an Honours BSc. from the University of Toronto and an MBA from the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev.
Since the company’s foundation, it has executed eight clinical trials, including a seven-country, 12,400-participant Phase 3 trial of a prior influenza candidate. It built, owns, and operates a 20,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art GMP biologics manufacturing facility housing its laboratories, production facilities, and offices, through which BiondVax drives NanoAb therapeutics development and innovation. To optimize operational efficiency, BiondVax also offers its assets to companies through its CDMO services in Israel.
The combination of BiondVax’s experience, assets, and developing pipeline are rare for a company of its size, positioning it well for a promising future.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.BiondVax.com.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to BVXV are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/BVXV
InvestorWire is the wire service that gives you more. From regional releases to global announcements presented in multiple languages, we offer the wire-grade dissemination products you’ll need to ensure that your next press release grabs the attention of your target audience and doesn’t let go. While our competitors look to nickel and dime you with hidden fees and restrictive word limits, InvestorWire keeps things transparent.
As part of its service, InvestorWire provides coverage of noteworthy announcements. To further expand visibility of achievements being made throughout a multitude of sectors, InvestorWire’s syndication partners have extended the digital coverage to include individual broadcasts on financial websites and platforms visited by millions of investors daily.
For more information, please visit https://www.investorwire.com
8033 Sunset Blvd Suite 1037-IW
Los Angeles, CA 90046